Dorking celebrate with a pint after turning around a day one defecit to take victory.
Daiwa Dorking cement their position as the country's number one team with victory in the World Club qualifier.
Daiwa Dorking have won the Preston Innovations World Club qualifier, rounding off a year of domination with their forth major team success.
Fishing over two days on the river Trent’s Newark Dyke, the team confirmed their status as the country’s best by beating nine of England’s top clubs to take victory.
It wasn’t all easy sailing for the team who had to work hard to turn around a day one performance that saw them trail the Browning Hotrods by 7points. Day two though saw Dorking storm into the lead, in the end pipping the Hotrods by 11points and leaving the Starlets and Barnsley in their wake.
Dorking will now go on to represent England in the 2012 FIPSed World Club Championships to be held in Portugal, with help from a £7000 winner’s cheque handed to the jubilant team following the match by Preston Innovations Managing Director, Sarah Phoenix.
Preston Innovations World Club Qualifer 2011 Day One
Browning Hotrods put in a storming performance on the first day. Leading from the front was their team captain Tim Nash who, helped by two big trent barbell, posted 7.600 kilos - just enough to push Barnsley’s Sam Wildsmith’s 6.700 kilos of mainly roach on the pole into second spot. The Hotrods team finished 7 points ahead of Dorking after the day one weigh in and looked to have an unsalable lead going into day two.
Day One team result
1. Browning Hotrods, 17 points 2. Daiwa Dorking, 24 points 3. Maver Image Van den Eynde, 25 points 4. Starlets Kamasan, 26 points 5. Barnsley & District AAS, 29 points 6. Dynamite Fox Match Trentmen, 29 points 7. Hull Works Sports Association, 35 points 8. Garbolino Harrison Lincs County, 45 points 9. Daiwa Doncaster & District, 50 points 10. Sensas Mark One, 50 points
Day One individual results
1. Tim Nash, Browning Hotrods, 7.600 kilos 2. Sam Wildsmith, Barnsley & District AAS, 6.700 kilos 3. Steve Hemmingrey, Starlets Kamasan, 3.830 kilos
Day two it was again Tim Nash of the Hotrods who was the man to beat after he drew same peg as the day before. Bsed on what he’d learned on day one though, this time he set-up to catch barbel from the start by feeding more hemp and casters and fishing lobworm and later on red maggot on the hook.
This time four barbel and a 2.500kg bream gave Tim a weight of 15.640kg and a second day match and section win. Second on the day was Barnsley’s Dave Brooks with a weight of 10.040kg which included two huge barbel.
With two section wins and a massive weight advantage Tim held off a great performance from Danny Grimsey who also had two section wins and a weight of 5.400kg.
However, it was to be Daiwa Dorking’s day as the team turned in another magic performance. Targeting the Trent’s small roach and gudgeon with a stunning bloodworm and joker attack, the team surged to an 11point lead while first day leaders Browning Hotrods slipped into seventh spot on the day and second overall.
Day Two team results
1. Daiwa Dorking, 18 points 2. Barnsley and District AAS, 26.5 points 3. Starlets Kamasan, 29 points 4. Hull Works Sports, 30 points 5. Maver Image Van Den Eynde, 31 points 6. Sensas Mark One, 35 points 7. Browning Hotrods, 36 points 8. Daiwa Doncaster and District, 36.5 points 9. Dynamite Fox Match Trentmen, 42 points 10. Garbolino Harrison Lincs County, 46 points
Day Two individual results
1. Tim Nash, Browning Hotrods, 15.640 kilos 2. Dave Brooks, Barnsley and District AAS, 10.040 kilos 3. Darren Davies, Daiwa Dorking, 4.110 kilos
Team final results
1. Daiwa Dorking, 42 points, 24.570 kilos 2. Browning Hotrods, 53 points, 38.690 kilos 3. Starlets Kamasan, 55 points, 18.450 kilos 4. Barnsley and District AAS, 55.5 points, 29.650 kilos 5. Maver Image Van Den Eynde, 56 points,17.150 kilos 6. Hull Works Sports Association, 65 points,12.670 kilos 7. Dynamite Fox Match Trentmen, 71 points, 14.950 kilos 8. Sensas Mark One, 85 points, 10.740 kilos 9. Daiwa Doncaster and District, 86.5 points,11.970 kilos 10. Garbolino Harrison, Lincs County, 91 points, 7.980 kilos
Individuals final results
1. Tim Nash, Browning Hotrods, 2 points, 23.240 kilos 2. Danny Grimsey, Maver Image Van Den Eynde, 2 points, 5.400 kilos 3. Dave Brooks, Barnsley and District AAS, 3 points,13.090 kilos