Forty seven anglers attended this latest Maver "Match This" qualifier at Hallcroft Fishery, Retford (Nottinghamshire).
Hallcroft Fishery, 9th July, 2011.
Conditions on the day were ideal with pleasant temperatures and plenty of sunshine being broken up with brief periods of cloud cover resulting in the resident carp getting their heads down and feeding well.
Lee Kerry (Preston Innovations) is the latest angler to book his place in the Maver "Match This" Grand final. Concentrating on the margins for most of the match feeding sweetcorn and alternating between both sweetcorn and worm hookbaits, Lee put together a decent net of good sized carp up to 15lbs to put 109-04-00 on the scales at the end of the day.
Second on the day, and earning his place in the Maver "Match This" Runner's Up final was Bankside Tackle rod Andy Sellars. Andy started with a groundbait feeder with sweetcorn on the hook, but later switched to meat pole fished in the margins to finish with a fine bag of carp for 107-14-00, landing some nice fish late on.
Finishing in third place on the day was Middy Dynamite rod Nick Speed. Fishing shallow on the long pole, Nick caught a good mix of both carp and skimmer bream on 6mm cubes of meat to put together a respectable 91-02-00.
• Lee Kerry (Preston Innovations) 109-04-00 70 (Moat Outer)
• Andy Sellars (Bankside Tackle) 107-14-00 40 (Moat Island)
• Nick Speed (Middy Dynamite) 91-02-00 50 (Moat Outer)
• Stephen Barraclough (Frenzee) 49-08-00 43 (Moat Island)
• Andy Kinder (Maver) 43-12-00 32 (Moat Outer)
• Steve Clark (Mansfield Sensas) 43-06-00 30 (Moat Island)
• Andy Oldham (Maver) 42-09-00 46 (Moat Outer)
• Alan Scotthorne (Shimano) 30-00-00 37 (Moat Island)