Eighteen teams battled it out at the ever-reliable Tunnel Barn Farm Fishery in Warwickshire. The talented four-man team of Steve Ringer, Jon Arthur, Joe Carass and Paul Bick sealed victory by also winning the final round. They ended up with an impressive 555-point score, ahead of Barston on 516 points and Banbury Gunsmiths on 512 points.
The ultra-consistent Stu Palser (Middy) won the individual aggregate with his best six results giving him a convincing 104-point tally.
There was also a clear winner on the final round as Richard Knowles (MCM/Bagem) walked away with the spoils with a massive 154lb bag! The venue regular made absolutely no mistakes off in-form Peg 13 on Club Pool with a net of chunky mirror carp on pole-fished bread fished down the edge and to the island.
Sat opposite the winner was second placed Nigel Rimmer (Maver Gold/Bagem) who used similar tactics for his 90lb 10oz catch. Third went to England ace and Barston team man Des Shipp from Peg 13 on Extension, again catching most of his fish on bread. Fourth was Paul Bick (Match Fishing Drawbags) who caught 57lb 1oz of F1s on pellet from Peg 1 on Club Pool.
The popular league already has 15 teams confirmed for next year's event. Interested squads should contact the fishery on 01926 842188.
Round 10 Team Result
- 1st Match Fishing Drawbags 62pts
- 2nd Maver Gold/Bagem 60
- 3rd Middy Express 55
- 4th Banbury Gunsmiths 54
- 5th Neaths Four 51
- 6th Barston 48
Round 10 Individual Result
- 1st Richard Knowles (MCM/Bagem) 154-0-0
- 2nd Nigel Rimmer (Maver Gold/Bagem) 90-10-0
- 3rd Des Shipp (Barston) 71-9-0
- 4th Paul Bick (Match Fishing Drawbags) 57-1-0
- 5th Matt Barwell (Maver Gold/Bagem) 50-15-0
- 6th Andy Searle (Middy Express) 50-12-0
- 7th Neil Machin (Garbolino Bagem) 47-14-0
- 1st Match Fishing Drawbags 555 points
- 2nd Barston 516
- 3rd Banbury Gunsmiths 512
- =4th Maver Gold/Bagem 502
- =4th MCM/Bagem 502
- 6th Neaths Four 448
- 1st Stu Palser 104 points
- 2nd Steve Ringer 103
- 3rd Paul Bick 103
- 4th Paul Yates 102
- 5th Des Shipp 101
- 6th Jon Arthur 100
- 7th Amar Jawad 98
- 8th Paul Caswell 97
- 9th Richard Knowles 94
- 10th Craig Elkin 93